Re: [OM] Bought a Velbon 343 Tripod

Subject: Re: [OM] Bought a Velbon 343 Tripod
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:20:54 -0700
Albert wrote:

Moose,

My friend has 3 catagories for tripods, they are:

Always on me Tripods
When I am not too far away from the car Tripods
Need an assistant with me Tripods

Yup, those are pretty much the 3 I have.

I played (to the annoyance of the store owner) with every tripod, I tested them all out, and found that if I don't raise the center column, it is very sturdy. If I want more stability, I don't extend the last legs, and squat. Now it's very sturdy.

Just what I did. I can buy somethings sight unseen, but I gotta handle tripods and heads.

At $50USD, I don't think I can go wrong..

Great deal. I paid twice that. I didn't even look for a good deal. I felt the opportunity a store provided to really handle the stuff was worth their price.

I figure, a so-so tripod in hand, is worth more than a great tripod at home.

Amen

Moose