Re: [OM] KEH drops the ball

Subject: Re: [OM] KEH drops the ball
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 20:53:31 -0500
For all the equipment and accessories I've ordered, KEH has not been perfect . . . close to it . . . but their Customer Service Department is excellent. As a benchmark, B&H has been similar . . . not completely perfect either, but excellent on the Customer Service Department. My experience has been very positive in dealing with both of them. Unlike many others in the business, they have always given me the impression they place high value on customers for repeat business.

Last dealing with KEH Customer Service included a discussion of exchange options. KEH didn't want me in a position of being short of necessary equipment if I needed it in a hurry and it's something they mentioned without me asking.

Please remember that for all the rip-off dealers (some in NYC advertise in major photo mags; see Photo.net Neighbor-to-Neighbor dealer page), there are many, many more buyers who attempt to take advantage of a business's customer good-will to rip them off (John H.'s recent experience comes to mind).

You won't know the answer to your question until you call them; give 'em a chance to make good.

-- John