Re: [OM] Mirror Lockup

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirror Lockup
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 17:05:17 -0500
Wow!!

All I need to do is get a Messraster focusing screen, and I'll be all set!

Then all I'll have to do is conquer aperture, shutter speeds, flash levels, angles of view, time of day, environmental conditions, not having a wide enough lens, not having a long enough lens, composition, problems getting model releases, unwanted reflections, color casts, fill flash ratios, second shutter flash, camera movement, subject movement, composition, etc., etc., etc.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa

Daniel Mitchell wrote:

There's also some interesting points in there about how to get the
best focus with purely ground-glass screens -- I suspect split-image
focussing helps a lot here, when it's working.

 Though according to http://www.anstendig.org/WhyNoCameraCanFocus.html all
focussing methods are horribly broken. (except for, weirdly, the one that
they invented. Peculiar coincidence, that..)

 -- dan