Re: [OM] OT Highland Games

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Highland Games
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:54:28 +0100
Oh yes Rich!

Now I can play my bodhran in my cellar while my Mac belts out Wicked Tinkers :>). Trouble is, my wife cannot now hear the radio in the kitchen upstairs...

Chris

On Friday, Jun 6, 2003, at 11:32 Europe/London, Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:

Chris wrote:
>if you see an Irish frame drum ("bodhran") being played in a band do tell me

Just saw one played by a bagpiper at the Folklife Festival in Seattle.  I couldn't actually hear it due to the other piper he was accompanying (highland pipes are LOUD!) and all the other music going on around us.  He seemed to be playing it very softly... more so than usual.

The group  "The Wicked Tinkers," who will be appearing in Bellingham Saturday, use one.  I haven't spent the time to actually catch more than just a few moments of their act, because I focus strictly on the pipers & pipe bands competing.

Well, here ya go.  The picture tells the story:
http://www.wickedtinkers.com/

Interesting drum page:
http://www.wickedtinkers.com/warren.fo/drums/bodhran.htm

There are always Irish vendor booths at highland games.  I'll be looking at the bodhrans now.  :-)

Rich

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.