[OM] Re: Prints

Subject: [OM] Re: Prints
From: petertje@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 15:38:34 +0100
Hi,

> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:20:40 +0100
> From: "Sam Shiell" <Sam.Shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [OM] Prints
>
> =20
> So what do you guys do with all the prints / negs that you take?=20
> =20
> Do you save them ALL / throw away all but the best / carefully =
> categorise and file them / just remember what ones are where?
> =20
> Sam

I keep them in their original envelopes, which stack nicely into a box of
copier paper.  If I'm lucky, I might have written the topic on the envelope,
too.

As for slides, I can have them scanned by my photography shop.  So after a
holiday, I pick a pile of my favourites & send them in.  This is a good way to
filter out the really crappy ones, and I can catalogue them easier on PC
anyway.  I'll keep the original CD, but then arrange them to my liking on the
hard drive & on a web site like photo.net

I'm not the kind of person to take souvenir shots, so I want a photograph to
stand on its own.  I still have the feeling that I'm on the steep edge of the
learning curve, so I don't usually go back to old prints too frequently.  I did
it recently, and I was rather disappointed with just about everything I did
before 2001.  So a box with a pile of prints will do just fine for the moment
:-)

Peter.