Re: [OM] Hummingbird

Subject: Re: [OM] Hummingbird
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 22:46:12 -0700
The bird and flower are pretty near perfect for lighting. The flash speed seems pretty good too. Only the tip of the left wing has a small bit of blur. It's hard to tell if the blur in the right wing is speed or DOF, what with the wing pointed toward the camera. You'll have to learn their language so you can get the hummers to pose properly ;-) .

I don't know what one does about the background. It's clearly too light/well exposed, but you are already at f32. Some kind of background shade?

A great first effort!!

Moose

Matt BenDaniel wrote:

http://starmatt.com/gallery/nature/humTwist.html

Camera: OM-4T
Lens: Sigma 75~300mm @ f/32
Film: E100VS

This was my first shoot using multiple flashes.
As best I can tell, the flash duration was about 1/20,000 second.

Comments welcome.