Re: [OM] Olympus 4/3rds + OM lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 4/3rds + OM lenses
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:01:38 -0500
No, the mount isn't the original OM mount.  Olympus showed an OM-System adapter
in the original 4/3 system photo at PMA.  It was later "airbrushed" out for
subsequent publication.  Why?  Who knows.   Go to
http://www.olympus-pro.com/eu/en.html.  In the Flash movie at the bottom of the
screen, you can see the OM-System adapter in front/left of the body.  It's not
in the system chart or the other system photos that I can find.

Yes, the 4/3 sensor is smaller than the 35mm frame.  Exact size is 17.8 x 13.4
mm.  This is 28% as much area as a 35mm frame.  The diagonal ratio, which I
believe determines the FL factor is 43.3mm:22.2mm, or a 1.95:1 ratio.

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost