[OM] [Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>] My Om needs another big brot

Subject: [OM] [Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>] My Om needs another big brother now..
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:48:38 +0200
On Behalf of Gary Reese...:

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: [OM] My Om needs another big brother now..

Albert writes:

<< Well, the news came down the pipeline from Fuji that they are
discontinuing the Fuji GW rangefinders (GW670III, GW690III,
GSW690III) as
well as the 645 RF's.  Ouch.  They are going to concentrate on the
Fujiblad
line..  So my hopes of a GW690III are shattered (yes, there's still
evilbay..
but) >>

Are you sure your source knows what they are talking about?  This was
debunked rumor on Photo.net, originating with a UK distributor who
should
have know better. I queried the Fuji reps at last the PMA show last
March and
they said it had no truth to it. "Hopes shattered?"  Even if it were
true,
why should this keep you from buying one?  You still buy OM and they
aren't
made anymore.

The models you list happen to be some of the most desirable medium
format
cameras on the used market in the USA.  KEH has listed at least one
690
models on its top 10 want list, perhaps more than once.  With the
ease of
scanning 6x9 format on the Epson 3200 flat bed scanner (of which a
holder is
provided), these sould get even more popular.  I think we have a
classic in
the making here . . .

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV