Re: [OM] OM-3 (Non Ti) Service Manual & Tool Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3 (Non Ti) Service Manual & Tool Advice
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 00:36:01 +0200
Hi, all.

>Now on to the erratic OM-3. This one has a sticky f-stop lever (the one
>inside the lens mount that tells the meter what f-stop you have
>selected) and thus gives erratic meter reading. That lever is spring
>loaded to return to the biggest f-stop number (smallest aperture) and
>when you work the f-stop ring on a lens to open up the aperture, you
>push against  that spring tension. When you then close the lens down
>again, the lever sticks at the largest aperture setting and gives you
>wrong metering information. Not an issue with TTL, but on a 3... go figure !

I had a similar problem with my OM-1 and OM-1n bodies, when fitted to my
Zuiko MC 50/1.4. However, both bodies worked fine with other lenses, and
that 50/1.4 was OK on other bodies.

Got the lens CLA'd -- that solved the problem.

Best regards,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://cjss.galeon.com>