Re: [OM] 2 XA Converter and 200/4

Subject: Re: [OM] 2 XA Converter and 200/4
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 23:53:02 -0300
on 31/05/2003 20:26, Mike at watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Fernando, May I assume from your posts and email address that you are
> from Argentina? I spent many unforgettable months exploring your
> beautiful country. I could have used that 65~116 extension tube at
> Cataratas de Iguazu! The butterflies were magnificent. I took lots of
> pictures but that was in my B.O. (before Om) years :>) Unfortunately I
> lost a wheel of 100 of my best slides in a past move.  I have been very
> sorry to read of the recent economic problems in your country. It is a
> real hardship on the people. I remember them to be extremely friendly
> and giving despite the extreme hardships at the time.
>
> Mike
Hi Mike,
No, I am from Uruguay. Argentina is our brother country as we use to say.
Our big brother country :-) I live in Montevideo (34º55' South, 56º10' West)
I also explored Argentina during several travels and I'm sure I became
interested in photography during those travels. I think I was sixteen when I
last visited Cataratas del Iguazu, and this was too in my B.O. years ;-)
Economic and political problems exploded in Argentina on December 2001 and
six months later affected our country quite seriously. The USD value jumped
thrice its value in Argentina, and twice in Uruguay. We are going through
hard times, and living next to Argentina is like having an earthquake once a
month or even once a week. But things are slowly getting better, argentinian
potential to recover is considerable (not so the uruguayan by itself, we are
less than 3 million people in a small territory) and if they manage things
well, we shall get better too. On May 25 a new President was elected in
Argentina and on January 1st in Brazil. I hope they understand better each
other in the times to come; the better they do the better for the four
countries implied in this region. I suppose if I continue into this
considerations I will largely go off topic.
And where are you from? I asked about interisland.net at Netcraft site but
something wrong was happenning with the Search button.

Fernando.