Re: [OM] 2 XA Converter and 200/4

Subject: Re: [OM] 2 XA Converter and 200/4
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 17:59:27 -0300
on 31/05/2003 12:37, Mike at watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I recommend that you
> jump on it at that price. You won't be sorry. And who knows, maybe a
> 135/4 will show up in your part of the world some time.
>
> Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your advice, it is a wise one.
See, I have now four lenses (21, 28, 50, 200) and the 2XA, a T32 w/5m & 2m
TTL and ND filter kit, an Oly 49mm and Tamron 55mm linear polarizers and
some other Hoya filters, the 25mm auto extension tube and a Slik tripod.
But only one camera body - since 1980. I think if I continue buying Olympus
accesories, another camera body becomes a must. *bay is not an option for me
for several reasons. And US 100 has become a lot of money here since June
2002. So I think I'd better try to find another OM body. It should be easy
to repair, so I doubt about investing on a 4Ti. And I'm a kind of
photographer who must feel in the mood to make a picture, I rather tend to
think what to picture. You may not believe this, but a 36 exposure roll may
be inside the 2 during eighteen months... (maybe more since I cannot shoot
Kodachromes anymore) - unless I'm travelling but you know, medical doctors
don't travel too much. I've just had an Ektachrome SW processed, which I had
loaded on February 2002. I liked my work. Not too much the SW. Preferred the
S. I'll see next what's the fuss about the Provia (never too much a Fuji fan
but Kodak is making things worse and worse). Planning to scan a full CD-R
with a Nikon 4000ED - found the person but it will cost about 120.
And I'm most thankful to this list, it returned this joy to me.

Best wishes,

Fernando.