[OM] Help needed for Om-4

Subject: [OM] Help needed for Om-4
From: "Bolty" <boldbolty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 09:47:34 +1000
Hi Group...
I am hoping someone might be able to help me! I am having problems with the
view finder in the OM-4. It seems as if something has seperated and moved or
warped inside the viewfinder and now looks like it has condensation inside it.
The build up of condensation and the warping effect when looking through (So
when you look through the view finder your eye has to be dead centre to see
even anything remotely sharp in the split microprism and everything else is
blurred so that it is impossible to see what is in focus in the frame and read
the display at the bottom of the frame!) making  it impossible to use.and focus
correctly. It is not the dioptic adjustment because I have gone through the
whole range of its adjustments. There was no problem when I last used it but it
has always had soft edges where it looks as if the first piece of glass you
look through in the view finder has been glued into place. You can actually see
little bits of clear glue around the edge of the view finder. Would it be any
easy job to be able to get inside the camera to the view finder and try and
rectify the problem (and if so does anyone have a link to where there would be
a manual for repair) or is it something that needs to be looked at by a
qualifed technicion???
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Adam