[OM] Bods to avoid

Subject: [OM] Bods to avoid
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:02:36 -0700 (PDT)
Well, this ongoing discussion of OM models to avoid, seek out,
etc., has me thinking about my personal experiences.

OM-2S. Except for the scratchy ISO dial and a 1mm film skew,
mine has been pretty faultless. LCD display has always been
perfect, metering dead-on, and as reliable as your
mother-in-law's continous nagging.  It just goes on and on...

I love my OM-2S. It was the logical design/feature progression
from the OM-2N. The OM-4 went down a completely different
pathway in handling/features.

If you find a "GOOD" OM-2S, I'd suggest that it should be a
reliable camera. I think I'd avoid most of them that appear in
like-new condition. Mine has MANY miles on it (probably 80,000+
exposures) and continues to run strong.  I'll shed a tear when
it finally croaks.

It's such a crying shame they discontinued them. I would have
loved an OM-2STI.

For perspective, the latest/greatest Leica RF doesn't have half
the feature set that the OM-2S has.

AG-Schnozz