Re: [OM] Starter Camera - OMG

Subject: Re: [OM] Starter Camera - OMG
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:29:40 -0700
The list always needs and welcomes newbies, and there are no 'dummies', just those who are relatively ignorant in this specialized area of knowledge, a situation easily rectified!

Lots of info available on the net.
The OM FAQ has a direct answer to your question <http://home.g-net.net/0.000000E+00andy/OMFAQ98.htm#ques_B6> The eSIF is a fabulous resource <http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif.htm> and work of love provided by Hans van Veluwen. I bought the CD to reward Hans and reduce traffic on the sites kind enough to host it. The Modern Classics SLR page on the early OMs <http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/index.htm> in informative too, with lots of useful links.
Mark Dapoz' hardware site is at <http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/>
Gary Reese's lens tests are at <http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm>

Those are a few of the major info resources. I'm sure I've missed some, but if you follow the links from these, you will find a lot.

Let the list know what you are looking for and you will undoubtedly get some offers to sell OM1(n)s. I have some stuff to sell. What are you looking for in terms of price, color, condition, lens, etc.? If you want to discuss details, you can contact me off list.

Moose

Douglas Tourtelot wrote:

Sorry to be such a newbie "dummy" but what is/are the difference/s between an
OM-1 and an OM-1n?   I am sorta in the market.