[OM] Best zoom lens

Subject: [OM] Best zoom lens
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:34:49 -0700
Hi Zuiks:

A lister on the Leica list commented that he had purchased a Leica R 6.2,
and was very happy with the zoom lenses he had purchased.  He noted that his
other system was OM, and "OM has only one decent zoom".  I assume that this
was a reference to the 35~80 f/2.8.

Any other nominees for stellar zoom?  To make this less impossible, let's
limit it to the "wide to short tele" category.

I've only taken a few shots with my new Zuiko 35~70 /f4, but it looks
promising.  The Tamron 35~70 f/3.5 is a dandy, and also has a macro
capability.  The Tokina 28~70 also has macro, but is a bit "plastic" for my
taste.  The Kiron 28~105 is a stellar lens.  If only it were faster and
lighter...

Bill Stanke