[OM] YES try these and try here] Does buying a medium format make sense

Subject: [OM] YES try these and try here] Does buying a medium format make sense anymore?
From: mak@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:38:58 -0700 (PDT)
what do you want to do with photography?

MF now is a superb time to buy as prices have been battered through the floor.
The traditional prosumer 35 user wanting to move up has moved the dolalrs into
a D100 D1 D30 D 60 D10 Diamge E 10 20 or whatever...

INSTEAD of a MF camera

I shoot with Hasselblad Rollei and Fuji GS 645 folders and GSW690s.

As much as I love my OMs (or Nikons or Leicas for that matter) the MF delivers
better images.

If you want to dip your toes in get a cheap TLR ($150 or so) or Bronica or
Mamiya ($400 or so Citizens Photo 503 232 8501 x6) SLR

(Jake at Blue Moon Camera 503 978 0333 has a huge shelf full of OM gear and
also MF gear)

Minolta Autocords are unloved by both the collector and the student markets
(which seems to favor Yashicas and of course Rolleis) yet they deliver great
images...I just picked up three for $150...

Blue Moon has several other HIGHER end options, Hasselblads, of course, but
also Pentax 67 and a Plaubel Makina 670 which is perhaps the finest MF RF ever
made Nikkor lens!   Mark