Re: [OM] Dying LCD's, or whatever they are

Subject: Re: [OM] Dying LCD's, or whatever they are
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:36:56 -0700
Walt:

Here is the link to the original article on the subject:

http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/lcdlife.html

If the display is not an LCD, then I don't know what technology is being
used for the display.  The SPT article on Mark Dapoz's web site refers to
the display as a LCD. The OM FAQ file laso referes to the display as a LCD:

 "What are the differences between the OM-2N and OM-2S?

        An extensive redesign.  The OM-2S is, internally, more like
        the OM-4 than the OM-2N.  Compared to the OM-2N, the OM-2S adds
        programmed exposure automation (camera chooses both aperture
        and shutter speed) and a spot meter for use in manual mode.  Also,
        the hot shoe on the -2S is fixed, the ISO range is extended from
        1600 to 3200, the viewfinder indicators are LCDs, and the self
        timer has mirror prefire.

        Thanks to Michael Covington"

Bill Stanke