Re: [OM] OM 2S meter on the blink. Fixable or RIP?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 2S meter on the blink. Fixable or RIP?
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 19:31:38 -0700
Bill:

What John said.  I would also get a fresh set of 357s, and measure them with
a DVM before installing.  I always clean off the batteries with a clean
cotton cloth before inserting.  I assume that the shutter is NOT on red 1/60
or bulb, right?

BTW, I read once that the LCD displays were estimated to have a useful life
of 15 years.  This would be right around NOW for an OM-2S.  Something else
to worry about.

Bill Stanke