[OM] Re: 135/2.8 (was a digestreply)

Subject: [OM] Re: 135/2.8 (was a digestreply)
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 20:59:32 +0200
Cc: tourtelot1@xxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 15 May 2003 10:38:10 -0700
"Douglas Tourtelot" <tourtelot1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if the Zuiko 135/2.8 has a bad reputation?  I
> was comparing prices and it is always radically less expensive than
> the 100/2.8. Just more made, or not as good?  Or both?

No idea why there is a price difference like that, but I prefer the
135/2.8 over the 100/2.8 - although I have both. I often pair up the
55 and 135 focal lengths, which seems to be working for me.

Gary's tests seems to rate them roughly equivalently, and in my
experience they are both excellent. If you like the slightly longer
focal length, then the 135/2.8 is a good buy IMO.

Of course, the zuikoholic solution is to get them both :)

--thomas

Ohh, and ps: could you try to set a meaningful subject line, instead
of "RE: olympus-digest V2 #4043". I know it is a bit of a hazzle when
replying to a digest post, but it increases readability of the
list...

> Also OT:  Does anyone know where I can buy a refurbished Epson 740
> printer. I know.  Pretty far OT, but it is, allegedly, a photo
> printer<g>.
>
> D.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)