[OM] [ot] computer gurus, advise me please

Subject: [OM] [ot] computer gurus, advise me please
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 01:07:36 -0700
sorry for the OT, but those of you familiar with the following, please give me your opinion, offlist.

which is faster in real life apps, a P3 1.1Ghz or Celeron 1.4Ghz? Both are on the current Tualatin core, with 256kb cache, 100Mhz bus. trying to figure out what to use as an upgrade. main use will be playing movies/songs, encoding/decoding home videos, gaming, some image editing-- those are what tax the current processor; net/office apps are easy. I can't figure out if I should go for clock speed (celeron) or is there something about the p3 which commands a price premium making it worth it for processor intensive apps.

so, lemme know what you think, offlist, thanks a million

mailto:msidd004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
/S