RE: [OM] P51 Visit

Subject: RE: [OM] P51 Visit
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 00:05:51 -0600
There was a man named Ed Browning here that restored fighter planes. He had a
P51 that was very successful on the race circuit until they crashed it. I think
it was the only one in the world with two counter-rotating propellers. Ed spent
several million dollars on his Red Baron flying ventures. There is another
company here called Pacific Fighters that is now restoring old fighter planes.
One of their projects is to completely build a P51 from scratch, using the
original drawings. Those guys are having some fun. There is some information at:

http://www.yellowairplane.com/Museums/idaho_museums.htm

/jim