Re: [OM] Bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] Bokeh
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 13:49:39 +0800
Yes, most people think bokeh is mainly related to the aperture shape
but based on my experience it is not. Some years ago with my 50/1.2
wide open I found it was very bad and the aperture must be a circle at
wide open, right? It is the same case as the 50-250 test, no matter
how many blades it has I was did it wide open.

I have read an articles in pop photo many years ago that mentioned
most 50mm macro has poorer bokeh when compared to the normal standard
lens. In early 1990s when I only had a few Zuikos, I use the 50/3.5 a
lot for my family shots and I didn't notice it has bad bokeh, but
recently when I can use it to take photos for my auctions (in the pass
it was always the job of my E-10) I found it was not that good, so it
confirm what Pop photo said.

C.H.Ling