[OM] OT: Smelly Camera

Subject: [OM] OT: Smelly Camera
From: <cgeilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 07:37:18 -0700
Greetings All,
  I realize I'm setting myself up for ridicule, but here
goes. My wife has an old V*vitar P&S that she has used
for years. Recently while shooting indoors (flash photo)
she noticed a peculiar smell emanating from the camera
after the flash discharged. I took the next few photos
and darned if she isn't right. It gives off a faint but
noticable "warmed/melted plastic" odor after each flash.
Is this a sign of impending death of the camera? Any
chance of exploding flash tube?

Thanks,
Charlie Geilfuss