Re: [OM] OM - EOS adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM - EOS adapter
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 07:20:22 +0800
You can use manual stop down mode (this phase is what the manual instruction
use), in this case the aperture is at the set value you don't need to press
the DOF to stop down for shooting.

In my 10D, it is a bit strange, the exposure is quite accurate if you set it
at -1/3, but when aperture reduce to F5.6 you may need -1/2 stops and when
it is at F8 you need -1 stop. Since the d-range of the DC is quite good you
can just left it at -0.5 or -2/3 stop (the camera can set to half stop mode
or 1/3 stop mode).

Usually I use the camera in auto and let it take care of the exposure but
you can also use manual mode and there is +/- indication inside the finder
just like an OM-1 with LCD exposure indicator. In auto mode the exposure is
check during shooting (similar to OM's OTF metering) so no matter you are
using manual stop down model or aperture preset mode the exposure is ok.

C.H.Ling