[OM] Re: New Zuiko lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: New Zuiko lenses
From: "CyberSimian" <CyberSimian2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:41:43 -0000
------ Original message ------
> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:49:04 -0700
> From: Stephen Rosenblum <srosenblum@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: [OM] New Zuiko lenses
>
> Does anyone know of a source of new OM lenses besides B and H and CamTech?
> I'm looking for a 100/2. I was wondering if any places elsewhere might
> still have stock, such as Hong Kong, UK, etc.

www.jessops.com in the UK still list quite a few OM lenses.  I have been
watching their list over the past year, and things do disappear from it from
time to time, so the list is probably a reasonably-accurate reflection of
what is still available in the UK (for example, the Winder 2 disappeared
from the list within the last 4 weeks.)

Jessops does have the 100mm f2 Zuiko on its list.  The price? -- a mere
1099 UK pounds. (roughly 1650 US dollars).  That price includes UK sales tax
of 17.5%, so if you are outside the EU you can divide by 1.175 to get the
price excluding tax.

Just in passing, Jessops also list the 180mm f2 that was discussed recently.
The Jessops price is an economical 7699 UK pounds.

-- from Cy in the UK