RE: [OM] Cartier-Bresson (was OT -Robert Capa: Storyville)

Subject: RE: [OM] Cartier-Bresson (was OT -Robert Capa: Storyville)
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:13:08 +0100
Well I just read in today's paper that he never used a wide-angle, and his
original 1932 L**ca is still in his possession - kept in a strongbox.  I
think we can make a safe assumption.

Same report goes on to mention that when he gave up photography 30 years
ago, he dismissed it as nothing but "un truc mecanique" - it's just
equipment (in my words).  I think we can take that as the Master's
*definitive* stamp of approval of Zuikoholism.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,946320,00.html

Piers

OM-content - the article was illustrated with a 1957 picture of HCB by Jane
Bown, who worked at The Observer in London for more than 30 years as a press
photographer.  She is renowned for her portraits.  Available light only.
Cameras set (I mean "set") at 1/60 and f/2.8.  In the flesh, a small,
unobtrusive lady, who would carry her equipment around in a shopping bag
(perhaps with her knitting?).

The cameras?  OM-1 of course, I'm surpirsed you had to ask!