Re: [OM] XA low-light metering?

Subject: Re: [OM] XA low-light metering?
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 20:55:03 -0600
> Hi Dan -- One possibility - the meter needle in the XA is sort of 'for
> advisory purposes only' -- the actual shutter speed could be
> different if the meter circuitry is out of adjustment.

 Hm, that's very possible -- it'll be hard to tell what's going on until
I've cleaned the magnet, too, because currently it'll expose anything at 1/4
or so if it's feeling oily in there, so it's hard to know if the time the
shutter stays open for is because it's stuck or because the metering's
confused.

 As for a CLA, I'm tempted, I'll admit, there's certainly dust in the
viewfinder that I'd like to be rid of, but while I can get at the magnet in
the bottom fine, the top where all the optics live is a bit more scary..

 -- dan