RE: [OM] 39mm to OM adapters

Subject: RE: [OM] 39mm to OM adapters
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:26:12 -0400
If you're adventurous and have the tools about, you might try my
elegant $3 solution.  I cut a hole in a body cap just smaller than
38mm, then carefully, gradually enlarged it, practicing the old
trial and error technique, avoiding the "bigger hammer" protocol,
until my Leitz Focotar 50/4.5 would fit very snugly, actually sort
of cutting its own threads into the plastic when twisted in.

The inside diameter of the back of a body cap is only about 41mm,
so there's not room to use a retaining ring.  I've used this setup
on extension tubes and bellows for nearly 20 years for copying
flat stuff.  It's been back and forth between the modified body
cap and the Omega dozens of times, and it still fits securely.  It
ain't fancy, but it works.

Walt