[OM] 39mm to OM adapters

Subject: [OM] 39mm to OM adapters
From: Hughes <hi100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:15:57 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wayne wrote:

Is there a source of ready made adapters to mount a 39mm LTM lens on an
OM bayonet ?
<<
Novoflex makes them, but they tend to be expensive new (>$60 ? I seem to
remember.) and there used
to be inexpensive generic adapters (ROWI etc).  It is fairly easy to find a
39mm metal enlarger
flange ($5 from a darkroom supply) and combine it with a T-mount OM
adapter(~$15 if you have some
mechanical skills to drill and tap 3 holes, or epoxy if you don't!).  I often
use an old style
Novoflex follow focus bellows unit, that has a 39mm screw mount on the front.
The follow focus is
a bit more verstile than conventional bellows.  Normal Novoflex bellows are
actually much better
for field use than the large OM bellows. You can get older style Novoflex units
for about $30 on
ebay. If you get one with a leica (39mm) screw you then only need to get a
Tmount for the back.
Novoflex I believe still sells OM and 39mm adapters for the older bellows but
it gets expensive
quickly.

Regards,
Tim Hughes