[OM] Kiron 70-210/4.5 lens for cost of postage

Subject: [OM] Kiron 70-210/4.5 lens for cost of postage
From: JMeyers102@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:19:47 EDT
Hi Zuikoholics,

I recently took a chance on an "as is" Kiron 70-210/4.5 Macro Zoom lens in an
ebay auction and lost. The lens looks great but the aperture doesn't work
properly. If I hold the depth of field button in as I close the aperture
ring, the aperture stops getting smaller on the half click stop between f8
and f11. The ring continues to turn all the way down to f32, but the opening
stays the same. Fortunately I didn't pay very much for it.

Anyway, I don't know how to work on lenses, so it is of no use to me. But if
someone else on this list wishes to have it, please email me off list, and
for the price of the postage, it is yours.

Cosmetically, the lens looks great. The glass looks perfect. It is a one
touch zoom and the zoom/focus ring is quite snug. I doubt it was ever used
much. The engraving indicates a magnification of 1:4. It takes a very
convenient Zuiko-compatible 55mm filter. Comes with leatherette pouch and
rear lens cap. No front cap.

I hope there is someone here who can make use of this lens.

John Meyers