Re: [OM] Some NYC retailers

Subject: Re: [OM] Some NYC retailers
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:46:09 +1200
Hi folks

Richard Man put me right
>  >in 1990. So I have no first hand experience of Long Island (if that's the
> >name of the NY / Manhattan / Brooklyn general area).
>
> Wars have started with less :-) - La Guardia is in Queens, one of the
> Boroughs in NYC. AFAIK, NY is the only city with boroughs. NJ is on the
> other side of NY. There is an international airport in NJ called Newark
> Int'l Airport.

 Yes it was Newark, now that I am reminded. I also remember that I got in
from the UK very late thanks to Continental Airlines and would miss my
connection to Burlington Vermont; and everybody in the cattleyard told me
how bad and dangerous it would be for me to take public transport to La
Guardia from which my Burlington connection via Delta was supposed to go.
There is a bus / train? exchange (memory again) that *everybody* said would
be really bad for a person like me with two hands full of luggage. And the
alternative they recommended was a helicopter taxi.

So I played on Continental and found they had a suitable flight to Burlington
that my travel agent in NZ hadn't known about; they accepted fault and I was
on my way (whoopee). Close call.

The way back was a whole different story ..  ..

Brian