Re: [OM] Olympus lost a E-digital system buyer :-(

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus lost a E-digital system buyer :-(
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:41:20 +0800
I think you don't need any tilt or shift, you can do anything you want with
digital and software. Talking about shift, below is a true story of mine:

Two months ago I bought a like new in box Zuiko 24 shift at HK$8800
(US$1130), I was very happy as this was the last Zuiko I'm looking for. But
two weeks later after I just finished less than twenty test shots I received
an email from someone that came across my web site. He ask me if I can help
him to locate a Zuiko 24 shift, he need it urgently, at first I just think
he must be a newbie, I told him the Zuiko is very expensive, I just happen
to have one, if he like I can offer to him at HKD15000 ($1920).

Few hours later I received his reply and looked like found a fortune. We
then made an appointment did a test roll and the lens was sold without a
bargian. During development of the test roll we had some talks, actually
they are professional photographers that do large estate advertisement that
need both interior and external building shoots. They used to shot with 4x5
but they just bought a Digiflex with 11MP RGB CCD sensor (35mm full frame),
they need a very good 24 shift. Within the pro they know all recommend the
Zuiko, they said the Ca*o* is just not in the same league. I also have a
friend that tried the D30, he said the picture quality is not that great but
it was much better when he used his Leica on it so you know....

C.H.Ling