RE: [OM] Survey says...Was: Best way to clean OM-1N mirror

Subject: RE: [OM] Survey says...Was: Best way to clean OM-1N mirror
From: "Bob Fenstermacher" <bobfenstermacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:03:54 -0700
Lama's summary included John's who is undoubtably  the most well schooled
technician of our cadre of authorities, so he's got my vote.
Only question is, what is kimwipe and where do we get some?  Sounds like it
may be a useful product for other things too. Only two questions   :)

Bob F

-.  Here is John's professional method:

I use denatured alcohol and 1/3rd of a kimwipe wrapped around a chopstick
that has the end ground down to the shape of a  screwdriver tip.  Standard
equipment.  It was the first thing they taught new technician trainees
at..................Nikon.   They had out a bunch of chopsticks, you make
and eyepiece cleaning tool that you end up using on every camera you work
on. Tip wears down, regrind it a little.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com

Your summary stopped at 8.  Maybe the most valuable one is #9.

As Neil Young said,
"Take my advice: don't listen to me."

Lama, #10