Re: [OM] RE: Paris trip

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Paris trip
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 07:08:22 +0200
Cc: d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:53:37 +0100
"Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thomas wrote:
>
> <snip>
> the street packed with
> photo-shops
> <snip>
>
> That would be Boulevard Beaumarchais... ;-)  I've done my
> research...!

Ahh, darn..... :)

> Also
>
> <snip>
> the original of the staute of liberty
> <snip>
>
> See my website... (Us - Holidays - France - Paris)!

Well, I honestly hadn't seen you site. Well, you seem to be seasoned
guest-parisians, then :)

> We are thinking of Versailles on Friday - but this may not be a
> good time to meet up because there's a lot of it... we haven't been
> there before, so we'll be a bit busy.That would leave Thursday.

Yeah, it'll take you a good while in Versailles, that's for sure. A
piece of advice if you want to see the castle from the inside: get
there EARLY. By that I mean about 15 min before they open. Do the
castle interiors before the garden. That reduces your risk of being
trapped between groups of tourists, each with a guide trying to
explain the same stuff simultaneously in 4 different languages.

IMO, the garden is more interresting than the castle itself, but you
should see both while there.

> Maybe we could arrange lunch or some such. I eat a lot of cheese
> sandwiches in France (curse of the veggie in a carnivore land). But
> I'm on holiday, so I can drink beer!
>
> This may not suit you, of course.

Uhmm....lunch is a bit early - I'll have to leave work before I get
there, unless we're talking about lunch in Versailles (which is not a
good idea either - see previous comment on tourist-groups...) :) I
may be able to make it to Paris around 3-4 PMish.

Best,

--thomas

> Donald.
>
> -