Re: [OM] RE: Film/digital Wars[OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Film/digital Wars[OT]
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:22:59 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Steinman" <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Have you played with one? I have. I really despise electronic viewfinders!
For those who appreciate the fit and finish of the single-digit OMs, the
Dimage felt like a consumer-grade toy. I ended up with the E-20.

> Dimage 7 advantage: wider zoom ratio, a bit lighter weight and more
compact.

> Dimage 7 disadvantages: made of plastic, electronic viewfinder, expensive
studio lighting option (like, a $70-$80 cable), silver plastic body doesn't
"look professional enough" to impress clients, proprietary batteries? (not
certain)

> The above comparison is IMHO, of course.
>
> --

The Dimage 7Hi has black color body and use AA batteries but it is still CCD
finder, I can never accept a electronic viewfinder until it can reach at
least 1024x768 otherwise the manual focusing is just a joke. So the E10/20
is a natural choice as I like manual focus. On the other hand the compact
7Hi is much easier to carry.

C.H.Ling