Re: [OM] Dropping things ...

Subject: Re: [OM] Dropping things ...
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 21:48:04 -0500
At 09:56 PM 4/6/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Joel,
What a confession! You must have been on the brink of madness not only when
the first insult occured, but with each additional wound.

My brother was a helpful source of support. He once turned his back on a Maxxum and it went over a cliff in a gust of wind. When I kept saying "I dropped my camera in the river," he said, "No, the branch knocked it in."

Come to think of it, we apparently have some disturbing genetic code in common.

You displayed
braveness and clarity of mind in your actions. You deserve the Zuiko medal
of honor for your heroics on behalf of your dear equipment. The Zuiko gods
obviously have forgiven you for your human existence and given you a second
chance. Now honor them and send the 2S and 21 to a reputable Zuiko
rehabilitation center to prove your worthiness. No telling what fungii
inhabit those waters.

Well, thank you, but I really think something must be said about how nearly idiot-proof our favorite gear is. Remember Galen Rowell saying something like OM is nice but not rugged enough?

Yeah, I'm especially concerned about the lens! One tends to think of a lens as being hermetically sealed, but it must puff air like a bellows. I really think that cranking the focus back and forth every fifteen minutes helped clear out the moisture.

Hope all you future photo safaris are smooth and uneventful.
-Mickey

Thanks Mickey. I'd sure like to go back to do it all over again, without the goofy stunts next time. Yosemite is quite wonderful.

Joel W.