Re: [OM] [OT] Looking for AG Schnozz-longer than really should have been

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Looking for AG Schnozz-longer than really should have been
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:49:22 -0500 (EST)
Cc:
>If I have to run a cleaning cycle more than once, I put a few >drops of Windex
>on the "home" pad that the heads rest on and >leave it for a while.  I always
>get a good nozzlecheck after >that.  It's very wasteful to keep running
>cleaning cycles.  >Windex is better.

Joel, are you from Greek descent? ( no offence, just the movie ?My Big Fat
Greek Wedding? came to mind and I couldn?t pass the opportunity?).  I remember
you talking about the wonders Windex does to the printing heads.  As a matter
of fact I tried it on my Epson 740, but it did not work, there was a bigger
problem and went to burn in printer hell.

AG,
Thanks for the wonderful info, I knew you?d have more than I need to know.
True artist: knows his own and the limitations of his equipment.  I have just a
couple more things for you below (if you do not mind).

>A test print on the Photo Paper Pro has now spent 8 months in >direct sunlight
>with only the yellow fading.

Is this the picture that you kept on your dashboard during the summer?  I
thought you removed it.

>The Photo Paper Pro is amazing stuff, but does eventually >outgas as it uses a
>microceramic surface.

Sorry, I do not know what this means

Have you ever compared the cost per picture (on the Photo Paper Pro) to the
amount they charge you at the regular corner store?   I assume it would be
similar and also a little better than the case with Epson, since there are six
separate cartridges.

Does anyone know what the difference between the I and S series Canon printers
is?  Curious, because everyone refers to I950 as being the successor of the
S900, but I know for a fact that there is an S901 (and its big brother S9001)
coming to the stores near you very shortly.
Also, in Epson terms is the 780 EPX the little brother of the 1280?

O.K.  I think I am leaning towards the purchase of the Canon even more than
before.  Not that I cannot be swayed the other way...lemme know if you think I
am making a mistake.
Cheers
Boris