Re: [OM] OT] color shift in lens

Subject: Re: [OM] OT] color shift in lens
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 06:38:16 -0600
At 10:45 PM 4/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
My father gave me a used Mamiya 500DTL with Mamiya 50/2. Sure makes me
appreciate the OM's! At least it has a spot meter. I ran a roll of film
through it. I notice that there is a noticable coolness about the color
balance in the viewfinder, AND in the resulting prints with Fuji Reala 100.
Could an old lens shift in it's color rendition like that? I put a 300mm
Asahi Pentax on it and the color was just fine. Very strange to me. I'm so
accustomed to a more even color balance among my Zuiks.

-Mickey

Mickey,
My first SLR was a Mamiya-Sekor 1000DTL with a Mamiya 50[1.8?] lens that was really horrible. And that was when it was closer to new.

Joel W.