[OM] Costa Rica Shoot

Subject: [OM] Costa Rica Shoot
From: Matt BenDaniel <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:10:47 -0500
In a few days I'm going to Costa Rica for a week. I'd appreciate advice on the
photography I'm going to do. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to photograph,
but I'll be hiking to go find plants, animals, landscapes. Planning to bring
the following equipment (hand carrying on flight!)...

1. OM-4Ti

2. Sigma 600/8 mirror lens and tripod. Want to shoot birds, animals on fast
film. Close focus is 7 feet!

3. Zuiko 135/4.5 and telescopic tube w/tripod mount for flowers, bugs, etc.
Also T20 flash and shoe/cord. Have twice read Shaw's Close-Ups in Nature.

4. Zuiko 50/1.8.

5. Zuiko 16/3.5. I love fisheyes.

Do I need to adjust my exposure meter or should I do spot metering with any of
the above?

Have hoods for all lenses except 16. Small reflector/shade/diffuser, 49mm and
55mm polarizers, extra batteries, vest. Assortment of films (Velvia, E200, Fuji
400 and 800) in lead bag, in checked baggage.

Any other items not to forget? Mosquito suit? (It's dry season)
--
Matt BenDaniel
matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx