Re: [OM] ( OM) OM exhibition site

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM) OM exhibition site
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:39:25 -0800
I thought the original and still main point is the physical exchange of mounted prints. Those who delivered the prints to their selected recipients "delivered their contribution" whether they also provided a digital version to the web site or not. It doesn't seem to me to be fair to castigate those who take part is what is billed as a physical exchange but don't have the time, technical capability, whatever, to contribute a digital image to the site celebrating/documenting the physical exchange items. If Bob changes the rules, that's another can of surströmmning.

I don't have a personal axe to grind, as I haven't participated because I do ink-jet prints. Although I consider them equivalent, if not superior, to chemical prints, I'm not sure a randomly selected recipient would. I do think it's a wonderful service Bob does for the community.

Moose

Harry Wiechel wrote:

Yes Brian, you are damn right here, the whole idea of PHOTO-EXCHANGE is great
(in my humble opinion), but it must be sort of discouraging for Bob Gries who
organized this event to do another Summer Exchange if people sign up but fail
to deliver their contribution. I do hope he will do it again even though the
feed back was not 100 percent.