Re: [OM] Houston Camera Show and WTB

Subject: Re: [OM] Houston Camera Show and WTB
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:59:34 -0800
> If I can't find  what I'm looking for I may ask you what you did.  BB

Bill, Are you asking about the winder1 modification? It required a
jumper wire to supply 6v power to the socket where the AC adapter plugs
in. Normally when you plug in the AC adapter it automatically
disconnects the on board batteries so it is necessary to defeat this
mechanism. It was a simple operation but I would have to pull the bottom
off to see the actual location of the jumper. Also you have to make a
short connector wire with two Radio Shack plugs to go between the winder
and the flash. Of course the winder can't be used with "shore" power
anymore with batteries in the holder. All-in-all this makes a very handy
unit as you don't have to wrestle with the cord going to your pocket and
you can set the camera down without being attached to it by a tether. A
winder1 is very cheap and works well for macro work, I can't imagine
cranking off several shots in a row but for those who can I suppose you
could modify a winder2.

mike