[OM] My hunt for long, fast glass

Subject: [OM] My hunt for long, fast glass
From: petertje@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:14:52 +0100
Hi,

In the end I settled for an Olympus IS B-300 front convertor.  I won a bid for
one at 142 Euro on eBay last week.  Even though I've never used anything like
it, I liked the reviews it gets all over Internet.  And a 150/f2.x sounds
cooooool :-)

Obviously, my hunt for Zuiko glass has triggered a bad attack of Zuikoholism
again.  Maybe I should get that 135/2.8 anyway, it would work fine with the
B-300.  And an F280 has been on my list for a long time (I have no flash).  And
of course, that 24mm shift that I've been drooling on for a decade now.  But I
think I'll have eBay block my account before I do anything stupid :-)

Next up is a trip to Ireland where I can test it all out.  I'll grab 2 bodies:
one loaded with a film I want to test (probably Velvia and Provia 100F), and
the other with SensiaII, which I love already.  After that, I'm ready for my
loooong 2 month overland trip to Japan :-)  I'm still considering what OM stuff
to take, and whether to take my P&S as well.  The stories about robbery on
trains make me a bit worried...

Thanks for all the info you mailed, particularly Frank van Lindert who more or
less acted as a guide through the billions of OM options available.  Who says
it's a dead system when there's thousands of very active users ?

Peter.