Re: [OM] About the new toys, Book II

Subject: Re: [OM] About the new toys, Book II
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 22:19:31 +0100
On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 16:05:44 -0500
ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In <20030329181403.60878889.T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 03/29/03
>    at 06:14 PM, Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
> >I'll look around - maybe ask my local camera pusher if he can lend
> >me one for trying out. I guess it's dificult to know if it's "for
> >me" without trying, and I think it is too much of an investment
> >unless I am sure that it will suit my working habits.
>
> Thomas, Dr. Ross offers a 14-day trial period, if you can anchor
> yourself in your peripatetic life long enough [grin].

Yeah....I saw that....I tried to mentally block that out to minimize
the temptation. I should have known that with this list, that was a
scheme doomed to fail :)

On a serious note, I'll probably consider it in a little while. Right
now I will not have enough time (don't you just hate it when work
interfers with your hobbies?) to try it out, however it might make a
good project for a summer holliday (we may go to London, so I could
have it shipped there or something). That also gives ample time to
get the CDFO to approve - I think I will be looking at both the stop
clock and the zone-master. Considering how much time I spent in the
darkroom, if I make the investment, it may pay off to make the "big
investment" right away.

--thomas