Re: [OM] DIY Tripod Strap

Subject: Re: [OM] DIY Tripod Strap
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:44:06 -0500
When I was in Mexico last spring, I used my 24mm/f2.8 with success on a heavily tattooed young American with a Pitbull puppy named after an illegal substance. Because of the size and shape of the lens he didn't even know he was in the photo as I snapped a photo of his dog. I have also successfully used that lens to "shoot from the hip" by keeping the aperture about f5.6 or f8 and using the distance scale to prefocus. Seldom have I even disturbed individuals enough for them to even know I have their picture!

Gregg

Well Les, let's just say the young help are (modestly) tatooed and pierced, have every color of the rainbow in their short hair, and are always friendly and having fun. It's a very "live & let live" neighborhood, and that I love about it. I joked with the help last time that they needed someone a little older working with them for "balance", and got the cheerful reply, "Oh, he's upstairs!" (translation: "We have an old fart already!") Great attitudes. I walk in -- and out -- with a smile.

OM: Some warm spring day I just might hafta. Any suggestions for "street" shooting lenses for people shots? I have the 35-105 and like it. Any fixed FL lenses others would suggest? I'm thinking 85/2 or 135/2.8 might good choices. I might even get brave and try a flash shot of the friendly pizza staff inside.