RE: [OM] Re: Teacher salaries

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Teacher salaries
From: "jamesfc@xxxxxxx" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:41:11 -0500
That's worse than Florida.  Since I got laid-off, I've been teaching part
time (and consulting the rest of the time) at a local Technical college.
The pay is $20.00 per hour.  Since the local School Board is now broke,
they want me to continue as a 'Long Term Substitute'.  The pay is $75 for a
10 hour day - or $10 per hour!!  That's terrible!  I'm teaching Web design,
Java scripting, Photoshop, etc. for $10 an hour!!??  If that isn't bad
enough, they actually dock the first two weeks of pay to $60 per day then
they catch up by paying the "missing" $15 after 14 days.

Unreal!

Jim Caldwell