Re: [OM] [OT] No more car abuse

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] No more car abuse
From: "Benson Honig" <benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:55:06 +0200
Just in case anyone wants to know how poorly teachers are treated outside the
US,
my wife, an educator in Israel, takes home about $1000 a month -or, for
comparative
purposes, about a third or a fourth of what an engineer earns here, probably
what the
cashier at McDonalds makes (as she is nearly at minimum wage). And, if you
think it's
a cheap place to live - think again - housing is about the cost of California.

 I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to the teachers of the world who work
for long
hours, at low pay, for a great cause. Thanks Tom! I have no doubt your students
appreciate you. It is rewarding work, and that is important, too.

OM content: it was very difficult to get access to a darkroom in the H.S., but
if I had a
teacher like Tom, I could have borrowed my father's OM-1 and learned a lot!

Benson