Re: [OM] Re: Reviewing the Basics of PL's with OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Reviewing the Basics of PL's with OM-4
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:17:49 -0600
At 05:47 PM 3/14/2003 -0800, Lama you wrote:
All of this seems kinda convoluted to me.  Me?  I'd
put that puppy in Manual, take my readings, apply the
additional exposure, put on the filter and go.

Why?  Without using MEMORY, the camera will revert to
center-weighted average (but with the exposure comp!)
a second exposure will be dead wrong!

snip

Did anyone actually read all of this?

Hi Lama,
Yes, I read it. Good point about using manual mode. The filter factor I would use is about 1 and 2/3 stops, which can be dialed in on the exposure comp dial precisely. Also I often get in situations where I have too long an exposure for manual mode because of this slow slide film I use, so auto suits me better for that reason too. But I think your suggestions are good ones which I will consider seriously.

Joel W.