Re: [OM] Filter thickness and vignetting

Subject: Re: [OM] Filter thickness and vignetting
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:30:03 -0800
-+
I guess the 28/2 is also marginal on a 49mm filter. It's pretty marginal full stop. What were they thinking? Same probably applies to 50/1.2, unless the laws of optics changed between the designs of the 55 and the 50.

I've stacked two Tiffen ND (0.3 and 0.6) filters without a problem on my 28mm F2. My 24mm F2.8 vignettes just a tad with these in place. I've never tried to stack more than two filters.

The 50mm F1.2's angle of view is 4^ wider (if that's what you're getting at) than the 55.

Stacking (threaded) filters is always dicey, vignetting being just one of the issues. If that support is needed or wanted better to use a modular filter system. I wish I owned one, but I never invested. If I ever get around to dabbling in MF I will.

Tris