Re: [OM] Wanted: focusing rail and 38mm macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Wanted: focusing rail and 38mm macro
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:26:13 EST
Andrew, you may have an easier time finding a bellows unit and then picking
up the focusing stage.  The rail is the same on the bellows as what you need
for the stage, so all you need to do is take the bellows off and install the
stage.  The exact thing I did this morning as I grabbed the extension tubes,
the 90 & 50 macros and went to my favorite place (my yard) and did some
close-up/macro stuff.  Found some interesting insects on the flowers which
are currently blooming down south.  You may already know this about the
bellows.  Adorama sales a neat focusing rail which not only goes front to
back, but also allows for left to right movement. Although I don't have one
and have not used one, its looks to be very useful.  Sells for $160, which I
bet you will come close to or exceed spending for the Olympus rig you are
inquiring about.  Bill Barber