[OM] Aftermarket OM caps (and Metz)

Subject: [OM] Aftermarket OM caps (and Metz)
From: Hughes <hi100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 02:27:34 -0800 (PST)
Hi OMers,

              needing a couple of Metz CT60 series flash brackets I bought 2
off ebay for $5.90 ea. I decided to try picking them up directly from the
seller/importer who gave a local residential address (in the San Francisco Bay
area.)  It turned out they are imported from India. The local representative is
a member of a family that has made aftermarket camera accessories in India for
many years and we had an interesting discussion on making camera accessories.
You can see many of his items on his Ebay store. (see below) and auctions.

OM content : they make 49mm metal screw in  lens caps (~$4.90 list) in black
and silver that match the OM silver noses rather well. Unfortunately no 55mm
metal lens caps. They also make OM body caps (that I did not see). The brand
name is Sonia. The also sell sets of screw caps for storing stacks of filters.

They also make basic Metz CT60 and CT45 flash cords (~$5 ) (not SCA) and flash
brackets that sell for a fraction of Metz's price. I was surprised to hear how
much Metz compatible stuff they are able to sell in Germany.

Here is their contact information (no affiliation etc):

Shiva Kunal Import Company
1147 Leigh Ave., Apt #4
San Jose, CA 95126, United States
408-947-2075